On Saturday, July 11 (2015), Vitaminwater hosted an entrepreneurial meet-up at Coca-Cola’s headquarters on King St. E..
On Sunday, June 15th (2014), The 25th edition of the MuchMusic Video Awards took place at MuchMusic’s headquarters on Queen St. W..
In attendance: Kendall & Kylie Jenner, Lorde, Imagine Dragons – among others.
With the holiday doldrums behind us, Toronto is once again ready to break out its dancing shoes in support of a good cause… or several good causes. The following are a few fundraisers and galas coming up in January and early February.
Design Exchange’s ‘This Is Not A Toy’ Exhibition Opening, featuring Pharrell.
On Febuary 6th, The DX launches the world’s first ever large-scale exhibition dedicated to designer toys as contemporary art. Visitors will dive headfirst into a surreal realm of art “toys” as the Exhibition Hall is transformed into a life-size dream world, filled with figures ranging from tiny trinkets to enormous free-standing pieces. Guest curated by American music and fashion icon, Pharrell Williams.
Chef’s Challenge featuring Giada de Laurentiis.
Chef’s Challenge is an annual fundraiser for Mount Sinai Hospital, where guests have the opportunity to cook alongside their favourite celebrity chefs. This year the featured chef is Giada de Laurentiis. Mark McEwan and David Rocco will also be in attendance.
Ad Ball ’14 – ‘Galaxy Gala’
The crown jewel of Advertising & Marketing Week, Ad Ball is the perfect place to rub shoulders with the modern ‘Mad Men’ crowd. This year the Ad Ball takes on a whole new personality with a ‘galaxy’ theme, filled with glitz, glam, and a “shiny cybernetic romp.”
126th Annual Toronto Region Board of Trade Dinner.
An annual must-attend dinner and cocktail for Toronto’s movers and shakers. LES OISEAUX DU PARADIS will be providing the entertainment and former Rogers CEO Nadir Mohamed will make a keynote presentation.
Hot Ticket segment on Global’s The Morning Show:
What a year! With well over 100 parties, galas, openings, and fundraisers listed on the C Daily, we’ve looked at the numbers (pageviews via Google Analytics) and created a list of the 10 most popular parties of 2013. As usual, the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) was a hot topic in September – with three parties cracking our top 10. Second to TIFF, Toronto Life proved their invites are not-to-be-ignored, with two soirees in the top 10.
A big thank you to the C Daily’s cast of characters who so beautifully captured another year of Toronto’s social life – Tara Noelle, Tyler Rumi, Mauricio Calero, and Becca Lemire.
- Ryan Emberley
1. Beverley Hotel Grand Opening. On Wednesday, September 4th, The Beverley Hotel held a grand opening celebration at its location on Queen St. W. While not a part of TIFF, the Beverley’s opening party certainly benefited from ample festival buzz. In attendance: Kardinal Offishall.
2. Toronto Life Hosts TIFF’s ‘Most Stylish.’ On Thursday, September 5th, Toronto Life celebrated the third fall edition of its Stylebook with an event at Shangri-La Toronto. Held on the opening night of TIFF, the event was heavy on Toronto scenesters but also managed to draw Jake Gyllenhaal, who stopped in for a quick visit. Also in attendance: Megan Heffern, Gabrielle Miller, and Lauren Collins – among others.
3. Four Seasons Toronto Celebrates One Year. On Tuesday, October 15th, The new Four Seasons Hotel Toronto celebrated its first anniversary. The event was held at the Four Seasons’ third floor ‘Aria’ event space. In attendance: Jeanne Beker, Halla Rafati, Paul Godfrey, Mary Symons, and Paul Venoit – among others.
4. Toronto Life Celebrates Its ‘Most Influential.’ On Thursday, November 7th, Toronto Life launched its ‘Most Influential’ edition with an event at the Ritz-Carlton. The list is an annual ranking of Toronto’s definitive power list. More than 400 guests showed up for the event, including Toronto Life publisher David Hamilton and editor Sarah Fulford. Also in attendance: Lainey Lui, Doug Holyday, Norm Kelly, Adam Vaughan, Melissa Grelo, Aliya-Jasmine Sovani, and Liza Fromer.
5. Artbound’s ‘The pARTy.’ On Friday, September 20th, Artbound threw its annual fundraising fete ‘The pARTy,’ this year 90210-themed and held at Evergreen Brickworks. The event featured Naughty by Nature as its headlining musical act. Artbound is a nonprofit volunteer initiative that harnesses the power of the arts in support of Free The Children. Also in attendance: David Foster, Jacob Artist (Glee), Gigi Hadid, Kardinal Offishall, Aliya-Jasmine Sovani, Melissa Grelo, Tanya Kim, and the cast of Degrassi.
6. Operanation 10: A Night of Temptation. On Thursday, October 24th, the Canadian Opera Company (COC) held its annual fundraiser Operanation, this year dubbed ‘A Night of Temptation,’ at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts. The evening featured a VIP dinner and musical performances by Ambur Braid and the Sam Roberts Band. Also in attendance: Suzanne Rogers, Glenn & David Dixon, Jeremy Laing, and Stacey McKenzie.
7. Blue is the Warmest Colour Afterparty. On Thursday, September 5th, Blue is the Warmest Colour held its TIFF afterparty at the Thompson Hotel. The event, sponsored by Disaronno and INTERVIEW Magazine, featured the attendance of the film’s two stars – Léa Seydoux and Adèle Exarchopoulos. Also in attendance: Jian Ghomeshi and Shinan Govani.
8. amfAR Inspiration Gala. On Sunday, September 8th, amfAR held its annual TIFF gala, this year dubbed the ‘Inspiration Gala,’ at The Carlu. The black-tie affair featured a fashion presentation by Marc Jacobs and a musical performance by Alan Cumming, Beth Ditto, and Gossip. Also in attendance: Hilary Swank (honorary chair), Adrien Brody, and Maria Bello
9. Celebrating 10 years of Robert Rodriguez at TNT. On Tuesday, September 24th, TNT celebrated the 10th anniversary of Robert Rodriguez’s namesake collection at its flagship location in Yorkville. In attendance: Robert Rodriguez, Suzanne Rogers, Jenna Bitove, Ainsley Kerr, Jaclyn Genovese, Gail McInnes, and Arie Assaraf – among others.
10. Eric S. Margolis Foundation Launch Event. On Tuesday, June 11th, The Eric S. Margolis Family Foundation held a launch event at Shangri-La Toronto. The Margolis Foundation was established to support causes related to animals, humanity and nature. On this eve, the focus was on animals – with a special presentation by Rob Brandford on behalf of the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. A patron of the Sheldrick Trust, Kristin Davis (Sex and the City) was on hand to support the cause. Also in attendance: Eric and Dana Margolis, Conrad Black, Barbara Amiel, Mary Symons, and Tanya Kim.
On Thursday, October 8th (2013) Delta unveiled its flagship hotel in Toronto’s South Core neighbourhood during a topping-off event, marking the completion of the hotel’s 46th floor.
During the event, guests were asked to be a part of history and sign a beam that will be used above one of the building’s penthouse suites.
The new hotel will feature green roofs, an urban forest, and a 6000-square-foot ballroom with floor-to-ceiling widows.
In attendance: Ken Greene, President and CEO of Delta Hotels, David Whitaker, Shinan Govani, Tommy Smythe, and Karl Lohnes.
On Saturday, June 8th (2013) indie record label Arts & Crafts celebrated its 10th anniversary with ‘Field Trip Music & Arts Festival.’
The festival, held at Fork York and Garrison Common, featured live music from Feist, Broken Social Scene, and Bloc Party – among others.
Today we celebrate the new C Daily – our third incarnation, if you’re keeping count.
Big thanks to all our readers for helping to make this possible. We have big plans moving forward – our new site design, being the first step on the journey. We have a number of new features, and site changes ready to roll-out in the next month or two. At this time, not all of our back content is available – but we’re working to get it all back online.
Special thanks to:
From email newsletter, to the founding of the blog in 2009, to … ? Stay tuned.
On Wednesday, April 17th (2013) Hilary MacMillan debuted her Fall/Winter 2013 collection at 99 Sudbury.
In attendance: Kerry LaiFatt, Lisa Berry, Cory Lee, Megan Mane, Kandyse McClure and Jen Kirsch.