Wednesday, June 13th (2012). NKPR celebrates 10 years, the Thompson Hotel hosts a rooftop affair, and La Carnita finally opens on College St.
– Last week, NKPR celebrated 10 years of business with a posh private party at the North Toronto home of its leading lady, Natasha Koifman.
– On Thursday, The Power Plant celebrates 25 years with “Power Ball: Quater-Life Crisis” in the Harboufront area. Look for our coverage early next week.
– Last night at the Thompson Hotel, Bridgepoint Health held a sneak peek of what’s to come at its October fundraiser, ‘The Great Jewellery Heist.” The Great Heist is a charity auction featuring jewels donated by some of Toronto’s best-known jewellery designers. It takes place October 23rd at the Arcadian Court.
– Tomorrow, Maverick PR celebrates its 13th anniversary with a Las Vegas themed event. Look for our coverage early next week.
– AZURE Magazine recently held its second-annual AZ Awards at the Thompson Hotel.
– On Thursday, Chivas is throwing an event – called “1801” – at Arcadian Loft. There will be a private dinner taking place beforehand at Canoe. Look for our coverage next week.
– Tomorrow, Samsung Canada will introduce the world’s thinnest laptop at an event at Turf Lounge on Bay St.
– Later this week, Porsche is holding a media reception to mark the opening of Canada’s first ‘Porsche Design store.’
– The MMVAs are taking place over the weekend – Katy Perry is co-hosting and Justin Bieber is expected. We’ll have party and gift lounge coverage next week.
– This week, Bloke & 4th celebrates its annual ‘White Haute Soiree‘ event.
– Tomorrow, Fashion & Men’s Fashion Magazines present their picks for the top Fall/2012 fashion trends at an afternoon cocktail in the Design Exchange.
Food & Drink
- Luminato’s 1,000 Tastes of Toronto took place in the Distillery District over the weekend. The festival featured food from over 30 restaurants.
– Recently, Sam James Coffee Bar opened near the St. Andrew subway station in the PATH .
– Poutini‘s (on Queen W) will be offering a two-for-one special this Sunday.
– Jack Astor‘s lives up to its name and moves into the historic St. Lawrence Market.
– La Carnita’s new restaurant on College St. is now open.
– ‘Room 2046,‘ a new concept shop, recently opened on Yonge near Summerhill.
– TIFF announced improvements to its online service for advanced ticket purchasers.
- Toronto Life recently published an inside look at a Richard & Rana Florida dinner party in Rosedale.
– Disney recently held a screening event at AMC (Yonge/Dundas) for the premiere of its new film ‘Brave.’